There are some excellent aspects to CreditRepair.com that deserve to not only be mentioned, but to be shouted from the rooftops. Having said that, there are some other areas where they’re still great, yet they could stand to improve a little bit, so we’ll be going over those as well in this review of CreditRepair.com.
There is no shortage of legit credit repair companies that you can hire, so at a certain point, it just gets completely overwhelming. They all seem somewhat similar, but below the surface, choosing between a great credit repair company or a not so great one can be the difference between success or failure. Obviously, everyone is going to choose success over failure, but it’s not always that easy.
Some credit repair companies will flat-out lie to you, they’ll make promises that are impossible to keep, and they’ll just be a nightmare to deal with.
Spoiler alert: CreditRepair.com is definitely not one of those bad companies. They’re great to deal with, incredibly helpful, and they achieve great results for many of their clients.
We’ll be taking a look at some of the key facts about this company, we’ll be going more in-depth in a review, we’ll hear from some of their past clients, and in a newly added section we’ll be going over some common questions that visitors to this site have about them. Finally, we’ll see how they stack up against one of the other leading brands.
The nice thing about featuring quality credit repair companies is that there aren’t really any wrong choices. We avoid even mentioning the companies that are terrible by name, because we believe that it’s not even worth it to legitimize them with the publicity. We believe that simply by mentioning some of the lower-tier credit repair companies, they’ll get extra exposure, which puts customers at risk. The point is, if you see a company featured on this website, it’s because they have been deemed worthy.
That doesn’t mean every single customer is going to have a perfect experience, even if you go with none other than the highest rated options. Sometimes, things go wrong. The difference between a good credit repair company and a great one is how they’ll treat you when things aren’t going as smoothly as possible. You want a company that’s going to step up if things get tough, that’s going to accept responsability if it’s their fault or that’s going to help coach you if the error is on your end, and finally you’ll want to avoid (for the most part) any companies that try to keep you hostage with a contract.
With all of that out of the way, we’re happy to introduce CreditRepair.com, an industry leader.
Here’s some Quick Facts about the company:
- CreditRepair.com are no rookies when it comes to helping their customers get back on the right track, and starting to get approval letters instead of rejection letters. It’s a great feeling when you no longer have to feel anxious when your bank sends you a letter in the mail.
- They have been operating for over 19 years. You don’t last for nearly two decades in this industry without doing things the right away. Make no mistake, there’s a right way and a wrong way, and a lot of it has to do with quality of work, but also with consumer service and treating you fairly. People hire credit repair groups because they don’t want to deal with companies that are tough to deal with (collections agencies, etc), and at CreditRepair.com they really seem to take that to heart.
- They won’t hold you to any kind contract. When you decide you’ve seen enough improvements to your score, there won’t be any hard feelings, you’re free to cancel anytime.
- They don’t charge extra for their TransUnion Credit Monitoring service, which is always a nice plus.
- They have a B rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- They’ll not only work to improve your score, but they’ll also track it for you so you can measure the effectiveness, and they’ll analyze it so that you can make the most of the data.
Comprehensive Review and Our Ratings
Their biggest competitor in this space is Lexington Law. These two brands are essentially the leaders. Lexington Law offers several packages, whereas CreditRepair.com offers an all-in-one package, which only costs a bit more than Lexington’s smallest offering. Also, CreditRepair.com charges a lot less for an initial setup. Neither of these two options are the cheapest out there, but you don’t necessarily want to let cost be the only determining factor. When it comes to comparing the price between these two choices, it’s more or less a toss-up, depending on whether you require advanced features or not.
It would be nice if they offered some type of money-back guarantee. Sky Blue offers an unprecedented 90-day money back guarantee for their clients, so CreditRepair.com has a lot of catching up to do in this department.
The $12.99 setup fee is refreshing, and one of the lowest we’ve seen. This fee covers getting a copy of your reports, and then CreditRepair.com gets to work. They will start by digging up your account history, looking at the various inquiries on your credit report, and making sure that all of your info is correct. A much-too-high % of credit reports have incorrect information attached to them, many have at least one or two mistakes, if not more.
Remember: Your credit report is the detailed history of all of your loans, credit cards, etc. Not just history, it covers your current situation as well. The credit score is the number that is derived from the information on your report, and you can learn how your credit score is calculated here.
CreditRepair.com has achieves an impressive average of a 40-point increase for their clients in 4 months or less. They manage to remove an average of 11.6 negative items across the 3 major credit bureaus. After one year, they have an average increase of 70 points, which can certainly be the difference between getting a mortgage and owning a home or not, or simply paying a much better rate for your mortgage and other loans.
Even if your score is already pretty good, if there’s anything on there that needs to be cleaned up, it’s worth doing! Some of their clients see better results than average too, but remember – it’s an average – so while some people will see great improvements, others may not. It’s impossible to guarantee great results, because every report is different and needs to be handled on a case-by-case basis, and you should absolutely be weary of any credit repair company who promise that they can make all sorts of incredible improvements in a very short amount of time. If it sounds too good to be true, it probabally is.
Having said that, you’re in good hands with CreditRepair.com. They know the ropes, they know what they’re doing, and they know what it takes to get your credit score moving up, up. up.
They break it down into 3 categories.
- Repair Your Past: They will work with the major credit bureaus on your behalf to do as much as possible to wipe the slate clean. Of course, that’s not always possible, but even getting a few things knocked off can make a big difference in the long run. It’s important for your credit history to be current, correct, and to reflect you in a fair way.
- Monitor Your Present: Constantly monitor of your credit score can alert you to identity theft, or simply to let you know that your score is improving! It’s not uncommon for the actions of identity thieves to show up on your history, so seeing it early can make the whole ordeal much less painful for you. Just an added bonus to being proactive.
- Build Your Future: Thanks to their educational resources and technology, once you’re on the right track – you’ll know how to stay there. You’ll save so much money on financing charges for the rest of your life once your score starts to improve, and you’ll be glad you took action.
It would be nice if their monthly fees for a bit lower, they are definitely on the higher end, but it really seems like a “get what you pay for” type of scenario. There are companies charging less per month, but value-wise, CreditRepair.com is always worth a look, even if it ends up costing a bit more. Also, if you really sit down and run the numbers, their very inexpensive initial set-up fee is more than enough to off-set the higher rate for at least 3 or 4 months, and in that time their customers see an average increase of 40 points already.
Their app allows you to take a look at your current standing any time you’d like. You can track and monitor your credit, and it actually becomes a bit addictive. Instead of checking your Clash of Clans, Farmville, or Facebook groups, you’ll find yourself reaching for your cellphone to see if you’ve made any more gains in your score that day.
We’ve covered most of the pertinent information and gone into detail about some of the pros and cons to using this service, let’s tackle the Q&A next…
How much does it Cost?
Their setup fee, as previously mentioned, is a generous $12.99. After that, their fee is $99.95 on a monthly basis. They’re not the cheapest, but they’re still one of the highest rated and most reputable, so that says a lot.
How does it compare against Lexington Law?
These two are both very highly rated, yet offer somewhat different packages – We’ve put together a more in-depth guide between the differences of each company here. They are two branches of the same company, so you’re in good hands either way. The best bet is to call them both up, see what they have to offer, see who sounds like a better fit for your unique needs, and then go with them. This is an important investment for you, it’s worth taking the time to make some calls.
Okay, so what’s their Phone Number and How to Get Started?
You can reach them by calling (855) 255-0265 during business hours (Monday to Friday from 5am to 10pm MST. They open at 7am on both Saturdays and Sundays, and they close at 9pm on Saturday, and 8pm on Sunday.) It’s a large enough window to accommodate just about anybody who is curious about learning more.
Is it easy to cancel?
The fact that a company doesn’t make you sign a contract can be quickly washed away if it’s really difficult to cancel. CreditRepair.com makes it simple to cancel once you’re happy with the results you’ve gotten and are noticing that things are starting to slow down a bit. That’s the thing – any company that does a good enough job will eventually lose you as a client because you don’t need them anymore, and CreditReport.com recognizes this so they don’t make it hard for you.
That’s enough to go over for today, hopefully this in-depth review of CreditRepair.com has helped to shine some light on them, and to help you better understand if they’re a good fit. We don’t know any of your specific circumstances, so the best thing to do, if you’re curious how we’ll they can work for you, is just to take a couple of minutes and call them up.